TRs rescued from TelemarkEast before its demise
Bob T

Western Whites Wild Rumpus '16-'17

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Let it start!

6-Dec.

17-Dec. Same spot.

Wild things.

Solar powered xmas lights moose shed. 1.5 miles from TH. Just put them up today. Have not seen it lit. Theoretically on right now.

Bob T

Storm Hound

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:01 pm

How to make a snow angel with bonus roll-into-ditch finale.

Skied too, plenty of fluffy, but no pics of that.

Bob T

Daylight

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:02 pm

The bears and I took to the woods today for a DAYLIGHT tour. No headlamps at all. Gorgeous out there. 5 miles and 1000' of vert. We's worn out now.

Bonus ski toss brook crossing vid

Bob T

a little love

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Ended up skiing this little glade which could really use some of the love that I hope is coming Tuesday night.

First, a snack.

Then lots of not-very-fun desperation turns.

Zeke, who is often ahead on point, let out a big WOOF to let us know something was out there. It was the lights!

A couple inches of love makes all the difference. SO nice out there this evening!

Bob T

need refresh

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Ullr, sir, we could use a refresh. Wintry mix ok by me.

Yesterday.

Bob T

crescent moon

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:05 pm

A crescent moon and Venus provided nice lighting this evening.

Scared bark up ahead. Did they just wake a moose? Nope. Xmas lights surprised Z again.

Top o the climb team meeting.

Running pups. Fun decent. Last week's glop resurfaced everything nicely. Could use some more fluff to turn in.

Bob T

TR - Schussbomb

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 pm

STEP 1: Set out in the tacoma with hounds, go about half a mile and realize ski boots are at home.
STEP 2: Go back, get boots, put them in bed of truck, get distracted cuz headlights need to be adjusted, futz around with those, leave tailgate and cap hatch open.
STEP 3: Drive 16 miles to trailhead. Get out, go around back to get boots and see tailgate and hatch open. RUH ROH. 1 boot is missing.
STEP 4: Miraculously, Zeke listens to the command "wait" and am able to collect all three dogs and put them back in the truck after having just let them out. This step could have easily taken an hour if Zeke or Ruby had gone into crazy coyote mode.
STEP 5: Drive a mile back down the road and find boot.
STEP 6: It is now snowing so hard that the tracks made just a minute ago driving down the road are gone when driving back up to the trailhead. Let dogs out. Again. Mount up and head out.
STEP 7: Climb 1000+ feet on the Charger BCs without skins. These skis are made for this tour. Encounter helpful navigation feature in the mostly featureless forest.

STEP 8: Wonder if someone was trying to tell me something with the boot mishaps and perhaps I should take it easy when I spot this.

STEP 9: Nah! Climb above it and schussbomb.

STEP 10/11/12/13/14/15/100: More and more schussbomb.

EPILOGUE: still life with headlamps charging.

Bob T

more daylight

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Tried a revolutionary lighting concept on our most recent tour: daylight!
Better than headlamps. Who knew?! Good thing we didn't burst into flame. Wasn't sure about that.

All members of the team are expected to participate in glade understory mitigation (GUM). Cooper is an outstanding contributor in this category.

GPS track capillaries in this zone.

Bob T

blower pow

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Blower pow at 2400'. No mercy.

Mid-strap broke. Jury-rigged a substitute. Mid-straps in my size are out of stock on the Scarpa site, but T2's are 20% off on backcountry.com; the hideous grape/bile colored ones. Second failure I've had in a month. Hmmm...

I had forgotten how much fun crust is. I ended up walking down the trickier terrain.

Bob T

war hero

Post by Bob T » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Out yesterday for a tour with the hounds.

Thankfully, the crust is somewhat tamed by the recent cover. Stream crossings are getting easier too. Much more filled in.

Flushed a grouse that did a beautiful straight-up explosion into flight which the dogs thoroughly freaked out about.

Friday evening, looking back at a revolutionary war hero on the horizon.

Hint.