one boot?

A forum
oldschool

one boot?

Post by oldschool » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:34 am

While I know the answer to this perhaps, I'll ask anyway.

So I have a basement full of boots and currently have about four pair that fit me fine - these are:
Pair of old NNN-BC Rossignols that have cracked so they're not waterproof anymore but fine for messing around - worn on Fischer Backcountry 210 waxables.

Pair of Alpina 1675s that are just a wee bit narrow for my taste but are fine enough and are often picked out to ski when I'm on 3 pins for backcountry - have a pair of Fischer E99 waxless that these often go on now.

Pair of Merrell Comps - two buckles, lace up. Took them on one tour once and much prefer lighter boots for most stuff.

New pair of Scarpa T2 Ecos - main boot for resort tele.

So here's the question - I find the Scarpas really, really comfy - so much so I'm now thinking about getting a pair of T-4s as my "last" boots to buy.
In reality I think I will pick up a pair of NNNs to replace the Rossignols for skiing on golf courses etc., but I'm thinking a lot about these T4s - any thoughts? The plan would be mainly for lower touring in the ADKs but on some steeps too. Could go on the E99s - thinking to get a pair of E109s and I also have some Karhu Kondors in 194 which would be fine for backcountry if I get a pair of skins for them. Currently the E99s are well set for that though.

Bob T

Re: one boot?

Post by Bob T » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:01 am

I will give you my T4s. Mondo 28.5. Like new, only one Pemi traverse! :mrgreen:

I find them too much for E99-ish touring and too little for the type of BC I do. I also like my T2's too much to worry about whether the T4 is ok for an outing. If I'm not in the Cripsi leathers then I'm in the T2's. I'm certain more capable skiers could find a bigger application range for the T4's.

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks for the offer Bob - unfortunately I'm a 27.5.
I agree they're likely too much for the E99s.

oldschool

Post by oldschool » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:12 am

An update of sorts (because I know everyone here has been on pins and needles about what I'd be doing for this).

Motivated by the 20% discounts pre-X-Mass I did some X-Mass shopping for myself and purchased a pair of NNN Fischer Offtrack Backcountry ? boots to replace the cracked out rossignols for local park skiing. Not sure I'll keep these since the Fischer BC Waxables are the only NNN binding ski I have and I've been thinking to convert that to 3 pins to help homogenize things.

More important present I bought myself was a pair of Fischer BC 675s to replace the Alpinas. These are still in the mail to me but hopefully they will fit as well as the NNN pair and be a new all rounder for me.

Spent the holiday with our family - leisurely day at home and dinner at our neighbors. Fun having kids back to the house as we are kind of empty nesters now as our second kid makes his way through college.

Today is back to work for me for a couple hours plus some time on the bike/Rouvy, plus some time cleaning up our garage. We need some more snow here but it looks like I'll be able to do some ski prep before our next hit.