Bike questions -

A forum
oldschool

Bike questions -

Post by oldschool » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 pm

I guess I'm a baby when it comes to cycling in the cold - just getting out now on the sunny days and trying to stick to empty roads away from people. The end of the season here came a little prematurely. Somehow I slacked even more this winter and did not get into a groove at all riding on my trainer on Rouvy. Not sure how many of the rest of you use a smart trainer but I get frustrated with mine as even relatively modest hills in routes make for hard riding and so I am not sure how useful a lot of the rides in the Alps are for me since I'd be standing most of the time.

My real question - I bought Wahoo speed and cadence sensors to interface with Rouvy a bit better (I have the Kicker Snap trainer). I'm now looking at replacing my old Cateye Wireless whatever model with a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt - anyone have one of these? More specifically, are they nice for mapping out a ride on Strava or something and then using it with GPS (I guess) to follow the map? In planning out a ride with too many possible turns in it I realized that I'd prefer this to taking a picture of a map and then constantly pulling out my phone to try to navigate, especially since I keep my phone in my under seat pack.

Thanks,