Bike questions -

A forum
oldschool

Bike questions -

Post by oldschool » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:04 pm

I guess I'm a baby when it comes to cycling in the cold - just getting out now on the sunny days and trying to stick to empty roads away from people. The end of the season here came a little prematurely. Somehow I slacked even more this winter and did not get into a groove at all riding on my trainer on Rouvy. Not sure how many of the rest of you use a smart trainer but I get frustrated with mine as even relatively modest hills in routes make for hard riding and so I am not sure how useful a lot of the rides in the Alps are for me since I'd be standing most of the time.

My real question - I bought Wahoo speed and cadence sensors to interface with Rouvy a bit better (I have the Kicker Snap trainer). I'm now looking at replacing my old Cateye Wireless whatever model with a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt - anyone have one of these? More specifically, are they nice for mapping out a ride on Strava or something and then using it with GPS (I guess) to follow the map? In planning out a ride with too many possible turns in it I realized that I'd prefer this to taking a picture of a map and then constantly pulling out my phone to try to navigate, especially since I keep my phone in my under seat pack.

Thanks,

Bob T

Re: Bike questions -

Post by Bob T » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:46 pm

oldschool, I know next-to-nothing about bike computers, but they seem to be getting more and more sophisticated all the time. I'm sure you can get one that does almost anything you want. The whole e-bike thing has taken off around here.